Motoped is a company formed from a successful Kickstarter venture for a motorized bike kit that utilizes an XR50/pitbike engine and standard mountain bike components. They’ve recently unveiled a prototype of their next product, the ‘Survival Bike’.
Although the specs haven’t been released yet, the base model Survival Bike shown above has changes over the standard model including a subdued color scheme with Olive Drab overtones, additional fuel canisters, and a carry rack.
Pictured above is the ‘Black Ops’ model, which features the following tools and accessories:
- Barnett Recruit Compound Crossbow
- Rotopax RX-1G Gas Packs – 1 Gallon
- United Cutlery M48 Tactical Survival Shovel
- United Cutlery M48 Hawk Tomahawk
- United Cutlery M48 Hawk Harpoon
- Gerber Fixed Blade Saw
- Blackburn X6 Light System
- Black Diamond Carabiners / Climbing rope
- Cree Mini LED Flashlight
- BioLogic Bike Mount for iPhone4/gps
- Tool Logic Tactical Multifunction Knife / light
- Tool Logic Credit Card Companion multi-tool
- CRKT Guppie multi-tool
- Tactical-Warrior Neck Knife
Be sure to frequent the Motopeds Facebook page for continuing information on the Survival Bike, including final specs and pricing, as it becomes available.